Author Topic: Staff Application  (Read 2189 times)

~TFCS~ | Dark Viper

• Steam:
    • View Profile
Staff Application
« on: July 10, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »
Steam Username: ~TFCS~ | Dark Viper

SteamRep Link: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198118188341

Number of years on Steam: 2 1/2 years

Position you are applying for [Mod/Admin] for [Servers/Forum]
Mod for Servers

Real First Name: Chance

Please state all that apply to you, if any [Student High School, Student College, Full Time Job, Part Time Job]
Student High School(Senior), Full Time Job, Part Time Job

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time(US/Canada)

Do you have a microphone [Y/N]
Yes

Can you, or do you use 3rd party voice systems, such as Skype, Teamspeak, etc [Y/N]
Yes

If you answered YES to the question above, what systems do you, or have you used?
Skype and Teamspeak

Previous staff history in any game, please state the game(if none, say none)
None but have watched and studied other server mods/admins

In your opinion, how will you help the community?
I believe I will help the community by seeing that everyone is gaming fairly without cheats, protect users from scams and future scams, enforce servers rules when needed, and make sure every gamer is happy

Briefly state your opinion on sites such backpack.tf , in regards to their voting system.
Honestly i have never used the voting system, I normally compare backpack.tf prices and other sites prices to come up with a fair and reasonable price

Briefly explain why the exchange rate for metal to keys has had the tendency to inflate.
I think it has been inflating because of the introduction of botkillers, killstreak weapons and kits, unusuals and duped unusuals, buds, bills hat, and paint

Briefly explain your opinion on SteamRep.
I think SteamRep is a good idea so then you know who you can trust and who you can't

Q: You are a moderator, and enter one of our servers. Two people say they have each been scammed by an individual, who they spycrabed with. The individual had already left the server, before you entered. They can provide no proof, other than the name and steam profile link. What do you do?

A: I would have to tell them that even though both of them say this guy scammed them I can do nothing without proof but I will watch and keep my ears open

Q: You are a moderator, and are in one of our servers. You see player A has traded 4 keys to player B, in exchange for a Strange Weapon valued at 5 refined. Player A learns the value, but Player B won't trade back the items. What do you do?

A: I tell Player A to always check the price of an item using a price website or by asking a mod/admin before trading and I tell player B that he needs to trade Player A back and trade for the correct amount because scamming someone isn't cool and that they'll get banned from servers for doing it

Q: You are a moderator, and are in one of our servers. A donator is on his last strike (meaning if he breaks another rule, his donator status will be taken away). He blatantly abuses his donator commands, when he nukes the enemy team spawn room, in front of you. He claims he just came back from the restroom, to find his younger brother was on his account. He says his younger brother is the one who had just abused the commands. He asks you to not take away his donator account, because he was not the one who did it. What do you do.

A: I think that I would have to take his donator status because of misuse and no way to prove his younger brother did it but I would consult an admin first to see if I am taking the right course of action

ParadoxClock

• Administrator
  • Steam:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »
Thank You for your Application.

We will review it, and come up with a decision soon.

ParadoxClock

• Administrator
  • Steam:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Staff Application
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
Hello, Chance.

We have reviewed your application for a position as a moderator at Retro Servers, and we are sorry to inform you that we will not be accepting you at this current time.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post an application.

Regards,

ParadoxClock