Author Topic: [CLOSED] violation of a young persons rights  (Read 2821 times)

stinger spy

• Steam:
    • View Profile
[CLOSED] violation of a young persons rights
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:05:01 PM »
I'm reporting this on behalf of  younger players such as Master scout who has since changed his name because of being humiliated, didn't consent to being recorded and was never asked if it was ok and no one else did like myself who was playing that day. The recording was uploaded to youtube dated the 12 July 2015,he was informed of this on the 16/7/15 by the offender cajunEngie who is a retro server member as well.In the recording you can hear cajunEngie targeting,harassing master scout trying in his case to get what he considers funny youtube.He was asked to stop,but continued to target him and at the end of the recording you can hear him admit to another player that he secretly recorded him and everyone else who was playing.The fact of the matter it is illegal recording ,harassment ,bullying violating other peoples legal rights such as privacy and publicity of others and inhibiting and restricting other users from enjoying the services. People are getting on retro servers and doing whatever they please with disregard for your rules,code of conduct,guidelines this like I said is making retro servers look bad and untrusted.Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:25:10 PM by ParadoxClock »

ParadoxClock

• Administrator
  • Steam:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: violation of a young persons rights
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:39:46 AM »
Hello,

Can you please post the following

1. The steam link to the victim in the following fashion.

| steamname:
| steam3ID:
| steamID32:
| steamID64:
| customURL:
| steamrep:

2. The steam link to the accused in the following fashion.

| steamname:
| steam3ID:
| steamID32:
| steamID64:
| customURL:
| steamrep:

3. A link to the video.

Further action can be taken, only if these three criteria are met. If you do not want to post the video link, please send me a private steam message.

Regards,

stinger spy

• Steam:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 05:40:16 AM »
How can i send you a private message?

ParadoxClock

• Administrator
  • Steam:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
You can add me thru steam.
Please dont forget to do that first to things I listed above.

Regards,

stinger spy

• Steam:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »
Victim name I will send you privately and the links to the youtube recordings,a second recording of the same victim has been uploaded by cajunEngie ,the second recording is when cajunEngie admitted to the victim he uploaded recording of him onto youtube this is how the victim found out .I think this is the information you want about cajunEngie he is a member of retroservers if you need to get more information. Name cajunEngie
                             Custom URL: steamcommunity.com/id/CajunSteamPunk, http://steamcommunity.com/id/CajunSteamPunk

ParadoxClock

• Administrator
  • Steam:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »
Hello,

I have reviewed the videos, and have decided there is no reason for RetroServers to take action against the accused. We came to this conclusion because of the following.

• Both videos you sent me have less than 70 total views as per me writing this.
  • It is not illegal to record another user in a public videogame, if the individual recording has not profited off the recording.

If you feel you need to take further action, you will have to contact Steam Support personally.

Regards,
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:27:55 PM by ParadoxClock »